You want to go green. But you don’t like cotton. What do you do?
Go for Tencel.
Here are 7 things you must know about this material:
- It’s pure: Tencel is made primarily from pure eucalyptus cellulose.
- It’s soft and smooth: practically no friction with your skin.
- It has superior moisture absorbency: Tencel can absorb up to 50% more moisture than cotton, and it can do so and still remain dry on its surface
- It’s cool: Tencel feels cooler than cotton, due to its higher water content at a given temperature.
- It inhibits bacterial growth naturally: Tencel’s high absorption capacity and rapid moisture absorption rate make it difficult for bacteria to grow, and it does so with zero chemical additives.
- It inhibits fungal growth: When it’s humid, fungi will grow. The bad news is, dust mites consume fungi. Lab tests have shown that Tencel can inhibit fungal growth. Less fungi, fewer dust mites, low allergy risk.
- It has neutral electric properties: this reduces the occurrences of annoying static shock.
Tencel’s amazing, isn’t it? But what makes it green? Read our next post to find out.
|All our Honeydew products are made from Tencel|